Monday, February 16, 2009

Obama and Music



So, I had to cut out the start of his speech with all of his shout-outs so I could bring the file in (just barely) under the size limit.

It is really early, but I think this will be the speech we remember for defining what President Obama will use as his governing philosophy, and showing us how he will attack the problems he takes on. So I thought it was really important to post this speech. I think we can really see how he thinks.

But, moving away from the insanity of Washington, D.C., my week has been filled with music. And it has been a week of finding new music while finding old friends all over again. I got the new India.Arie album and that lead me to listen to both TLC's "CrazySexyCool" and Lauryn Hill's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and I love fallen in love all over again.

And I also found some Jonny Lang, Rufus Wainwright and some Macy Gray. I have a lot of music I forgot about.

And this all came about because I bought RENT (the movie) and then fell in love (yet again) all over again. And then bought the Original Broadway Cast album, which I love. And I actually took the movie and some of the deleted scenes and made my cut of the movie. I love it.

But yeah. The point of this post is mainly to act as reminder that we have to a lot of different parts of ourselves. I'd been focusing too much on the politics and not letting the rest of me be me too.

Balance. Obama and India.Arie. Congress and Britney. So, I hope to be making more posts as well as trying to write different types of posts.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment