Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Astroturfing

*

Astroturfing: "a word in English describing formal political, advertising, or public relations campaigns seeking to create the impression of being spontaneous "grassroots" behavior, hence the reference to the artificial grass, AstroTurf."

Welcome to the YouTube generation's own astroturfing nut jobs. They make you think there are millions of people taking their time to post crazy shit on YouTube out of anger and frustration at the government and more directly, Barack Obama and his supporters (aka, Americans!).

This is the same idea that fueled the Tea Parties. And watch below:



And yes, that YouTube video has some of the same angry, offensive comments. Angry Americans or Astroturf? My vote, at least for NHMntnHIGH, goes for Astroturf.

* I included the video, because I like watching my President. even if the astroturfers on YouTube don't. But they are watching him... on YouTube... my head hurts...

No comments:

Post a Comment