Friday, November 27, 2009

I am lost

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

On this Black Friday, I am lost.

As a person that tends to take what other people say to heart, I have been beaten, bruised, and destroyed by people who are only out for themselves. They are lashing out from their fantasy world, and in the process, stupid little me tries to understand their place in reality.

And thus, I am wrecked. This is what I get for trying to understand people and the world better.

“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
- Albert Einstein

To live in this world, you have to understand that at any given time, only about 50% of the people are going to agree with you. The greatness of a man is to continue to fight for what he knows is right in the face of mounting opposition. A leader fights for what is right and makes it popular; he does not take what is popular and pretend that it is right.

"Let us have Faith that right makes might, and in that Faith, let us to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."
- Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment