Sunday, August 8, 2010

friendship

Sometimes I think my life is a soap opera and I’m just living in it. Other times I just wonder how I ended up with such a great group of friends.


We, as humans, do a lot of things that form what we call our life, including many different types of relationships, but nothing shapes us like our close friends.


In our society the ability to be sociable, that is to make someone like you, is a more prized gift than anything else. No one gets a job, no matter how smart or talented, unless you can get someone to like you.


So much goes into our relationships with our friends, but we don’t think about it. I remember doing the trust exercise in high school where I had to fall backwards into a friend’s waiting arms. Friendship is putting trust in that person they will be there to catch you if you fall, so to speak.


Friendship is a delicate thing that may be strong or it may be weak; most of the time you don’t find out until it is put to the test. Like it or not, friendship is one part shared history, one part shared interests and a whole lot of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment