Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where we go from here

First, I’m sorry, my Internet is dead. And, being fucking fed up, I am switching providers. God bless America; I have a chose of whom I get my Internet from.

So, the news story of the next few weeks? Barack Obama wins!



With the overwhelming joy and pride I feel, we still have much work to do.

But first, the great story of our time: Barack Obama. You have to remember while many were happy Obama put his hat in the ring, it was Iowa that gave him the seal of approval, proving to America (and the black population) that white America could, and would, support a black candidate; and in record numbers.

Then we had last night. America showing, not telling, that we are open minded, and we are the true hope of the world. God bless Barack Obama, and God bless him in all of his very hard time ahead.

And while he faces issues (the economy, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even his own party) we as the American people face several tough problems ahead.

We have people who want to pull us apart, people who abuse their power, and people who want to take rights away from segments of our population.

While I could rant on and on about how Bachmann got reelected, how Stevens wasn’t DOA, and how America in this day-in-age could willingly vote to take away someone’s equal protection under the law, it won’t do anything. It won’t get Bachmann booted in two years, it won’t make sure (if elected) that Sen. Stevens is removed from office, and it won’t make sure the fight for equal rights for all continue until we win.

What will make sure all these things happen is us. It is you and me that will drive the nation to continue to shape itself into a better nation.

So I will be writing on the issues I care about. I will be giving as much support (both in my time and finances) to make sure we are on the right path. So I urge you to also fight for what you believe in, even if you don’t agree with me. Actually, if you disagree with me, I urge you to fight harder, because there is nothing better, win or lose, than having a healthy, well fought debate on the issues that help both our nation and the world.

Finally, I wish to thank three people that I feel led us to where we are today, and whom I believe will be the leaders we look back on and lavish praise on.

So, thank you Chairmen Howard Dean, Senator Hillary Clinton, and President-elect Barack Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment