Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hal Sparks & crazy me

As a writer I really hate it when I can't express myself through words. I started a story, but I just can't get anything else. Time will help.

But like this blog, I haven't even updated it as often as I had hoped.
“Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
So I write.

In the last few days (apart from a lot of craziness) I found a great CD. It's Zero 1's self-titled debut. Zero 1, you know, Hal Sparks' band. It is actually really good. Now, the way I found it is a little crazy. I've known about his band for awhile, but it wasn't until I saw Hal on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show and then heard him on David Bender's AirAmerica show. So I found a sample of the CD and I loved it. So I bought it.

Right now if I could just follow Hal Sparks around full time that would be cool. His life is just way cooler than mine. But alas, the grass is always greener...

I just wish I could snap out of this funk. Fuck, I want to be happy and weird again. Always better than withdrawn and weird. Much better.
“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
- Bruce Feirstein

No comments:

Post a Comment