Saturday, October 11, 2008

BRITNEY!!! & more music

Okay, this is where I become just a little bit crazy. One of my favorite musical artists? Britney Spears. You can laugh all you want, but I know what I like and I'm proud of it. So, why am I in a great mood?

This:



Now, again, say what you will, but Britney knows catchy pop/dance tunes and how to make a HOT video. And I enjoy it.

I totally can't wait for her album, Circus, to drop on December 2, her 27th birthday. I think it will be her best yet, and I truly hope she put a lot herself and her heart into this album. I mean, while I may long at some level for Britney to make an album like Cat Power's "Moon Pix" or "You Are Free" which is personal and strong, Britney is not Cat Power. But I do believe Britney can make a personal album like Cat Power, a dance album like Madonna while gluing it all together with her own voice.

Now, Britney has her album coming out at the same time as Christina and Pink. This will be a great time for great music; that is what I see happening.

Now, I am going to end this post with my Top 10 CDs of 2008 (so far...):

1. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay
2. In Rainbows - Radiohead
3. Oracular Spectacular - MGMT
4. The Dark Knight Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
5. Circus - Britney Spears*
6. Jukebox - Cat Power
7. Real Emotional Trash - Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks
8. Overtones - Just Jack**
9. Hard Candy - Madonna
10. Do You Believe in Gosh? - Mitch Hedberg***

* Album hasn't come out yet, but I'm betting, based on the single, this is where it will land.
** Album came out in 2007, but I just found it this year, and this is my list, so yeah!
*** Comedy CD from one of the best. RIP Mitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment