Monday, October 27, 2008

Quick little blog

I was listening to a podcast of the Ron Reagen Show today at work, that alone doesn't merit a blog post, but alas listening to that show, I started to cry.

Now, it's only a little less crazy than it sounds. Ron was talking with a guest about, what else, the election. They were going off about the crazy nut job questioning Obama leaving the campaign to see his ailing grandmother. Now, I've known about this for awhile, but it was when Ron mentioned that one of Obama's biggest regrets was that he didn't go see his mother in Hawaii before she died.

Now as a total mommas boy, this hit me hard. Then you also have to know, as much as I love my mother, I almost loved my grandma more. Now, she died from breast cancer in 1989 when I was 5. So, knowing the loss I still feel, thinking about anyone attacking anyone else for visiting an ailing grandmother after, after not visiting his mother when she was ailing and nearing death, it just hits me in the gut.

Left or right, can't we all respect a man who loves his late-mother and his ailing grandmother? PLEASE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment