Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hey, lets get this party started

Well well, welcome to my blog. It's almost fitting that as I write this, a McCain ad is running on TV calling Obama, dangerous. That's funny.

Popping the blog cherry is never an easy thing. Setting the tone, getting off to a strong start while also giving a great first impression. So, lets start off saying I am a total news/politics/random shit geek. I read WAY too much news every day, and I talk WAY to much about politics. So, welcome to my blog.

But I promise this blog isn't going to be 100% news and politics. I love to write. I majored in journalism in college and was editor of the college newspaper, but since my current job involved 0% writing, I really want to also use this blog to share stories and my writing.

Most of the time that will be just me 'talking' at length about topic I have the itch for that day. Other times, I hope it will be short stories and poems I have written, and even maybe something else. Why put limits on this, right? Lets have fun.

The idea of this blog came to me tonight as I was walking from work back to my car. My job has become the American job: check your brain at the door and just look forward to your next break. I don't want to complain too much about my job. I have a job, and in this clusterfucked scary economy, that is nothing to bitch about. But, that doesn't mean I would love a better job. I just don't know what I want to do. The one thing I do know is that I love to write.

So this blog is supposed to be my reason to write. I hope to update several times a week (if not every hour) just so I can put a smile on my face. I'm crazy and just love writing THAT much. And, I will apologize right now for any meandering (and there will be a lot) because writing is great for me to get everything out of my head.

If you want to get a good idea of who I am (for better or worse) all you have to do is read what I write when I'm just 'downloading' my brain. Though, I worn that may cause damage to your brain. I know it's damaged mine.

Okay. One down.

No comments:

Post a Comment